About 2 months ago my wife started planning our summer vacation. She quickly found a set of beautiful videos of northern Utah created by a man vacationing with his family. Soon, we were captivated by his well narrated, home-made but polished videos. After watching a few of them, we decided to visit one of the restaurants he filmed. His videos influenced us to visit a restaurant we had never known about before.
There are many businesses in the Lake Mountain area, which can benefit from blogging, including the local Mexican restaurant, the home based business selling candles, the independent financial consultant and the landscaping business. If you don’t enjoy writing, even one photo with a paragraph written weekly will be sufficient.
Two most import reasons to start blogging:
- Improved search engine rankings
- Improved familiarity, trust and thought leadership with new and existing customers
- 79% of online shoppers spend at least 50% of their time researching products
- 44% of online shoppers start by using a search engine
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog
Don’t know what to blog about? Here are some ideas:
- Home based candle business: history of candles, explain new seasonal scents, reveal natural ingredients, ways to decorate with candles and candle of the week
- Independent Financial Consultant: investing terminology, sample savings plan for various ages, how do you protect your money, what does a typical appointment entail
- Local Mexican restaurant: description of where ingredients are grown, history of Mexican food, recent food awards and newspaper mentions, special of the week, favorite dish poll
- Landscaping: new projects to add, adding a theme to your garden, creating a focal point, exotic plants for this area
My best to you in your internet marketing.Share